[Fopbc] The NFB and Social Networking Tools

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 12:09:28 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We thought we would remind you that in addition to checkingour Web site and reading our flagshippublication, theBrailleMonitor, you can keep up with what is happening in the NationalFederation of the Blind by e-mail and through social networkingtools­including a brand new Twitter account,http://www.twitter.com/AskNFB.

If you want to receive a copy of each press release that is issued fromour national office, you can do so by subscribing to have each new pressrelease e-mailed to you as soon as it is posted.  Just provide youre-mail address at thepress release subscription form.

You can also follow us on Twitter by subscribing to our feed athttp://www.twitter.com/NFB_voice.   We also have additionalTwitter accounts, includingNFBScience,BrailleLiteracy, andNFB-NEWSLINE. Finally, we've started a new Twitter account,AskNFB, with which you canpost questions that you need answered by NFB leaders and staff. Please follow this account and then post your question by mentioning at AskNFB or by sending us a direct message.

Please note: you'll need a Twitter account to take advantage of ourTwitter feeds if you don't already have one. It’s easy to sign up, andit’s free.

Finally, you can also become a fan ofthe National Federation of the Blind on Facebook.  You can alsobecome a fan of theNFB Blind DriverChallenge® on Facebook.

We hope you will utilize one or more of these methods so that you caninteract with us and stay up to date with national developments in ourmovement.  Also, check for your affiliate and local chapter onsocial networks as well, or get in touch with your chapter and affiliateleaders to find out how you can keep up-to-date on events in yourcommunity.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind