[Fopbc] the hidden tax

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:25:46 UTC 2012

I received this from Spirit Airlines RE the new regulations for divulging
taxes. There may be a valid point here.

Sherri

      The Hidden Tax Sale Travel Deals

 The Hidden Tax Sale!
      As always, we have our famous ultra low fares on spirit.com, but the
listed fares are now distorted because the U.S. Department of Transportation
is forcing us to HIDE all of their taxes and fees in the fares you see,
including our sale fare advertisements.

      Taxes and fees can be different by destination, by country, based on
whether you are flying into or out of an airport, and so on. You get the
point - it makes it too difficult for us to provide the list of fares. In
fact, by the time we could figure out how to calculate that, you'd be done
with your vacation already.

      So, instead of providing you our ultra low sale fares in a transparent
format, we're going to have to just provide you with the routes and dates.
We promise there are some great fares on those dates though - check them
out!

      Prior to this new regulation, we have NEVER sold a ticket without a
customer knowing what their full price would be - we always showed the fare
and the taxes and fees, but separately to ensure transparency. Now the
government wants to combine those. You tell us - which do you think is more
transparent? We think this lack of transparency that is being forced by our
government is an outrage, and we encourage you to let your elected officials
know that we should reduce regulation that burdens the American people.

      All fares are based on roundtrip purchase. Additional terms apply.
Baggage charges may apply.

                  Follow us on Twitter:
           Forward to a friend:

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com
Procrastination has it's good side. You always have something to do
tomorrow.
 NFBF Newsline® chair
www.nfbnewsline.org
E-mail:  newsline at nfbflorida.org
Secretary FDCP INC
www.fdcp.org
Vice-president National Federation of the Blind of Florida Greater Orlando
Chapter
http://nfbfgoc.org
Chair Orange County Disability Advisory Board