[Fopbc] Fwd: Donations of Braille Books Needed

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 09:18:49 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----

onations of Braille Books Needed
Calling all Braille readers! It's that time again: Time to sort
hrough all those boxes of Braille books in your basement or spare
oom, and donate those
ently used but no longer needed Braille books to the 2012 Braille
ook Fair sponsored by the National Organization of Parents of Blind
hildren and the
ational Association to Promote the Use of Braille.  Our primary goal
s to get more Braille books into the hands of children, youth, and
eginning adult
eaders, so here's what we need most: Books in good condition,
rint-Braille picture storybooks, and leisure reading (fiction or
onfiction) books. Cookbooks
re always in demand, as are books about sports. Children are so
ungry for their very own books that every year, despite generous
onations, most of our
ooks for young children are gone in less than an hour.  So, begin
our search through the boxes in your basement and spare room and get
hose books shipped
o:
Vanessa Pena
10155 Monroe
Dallas, TX 75229
NOTE:  Yes, you can ship them Free Matter for the Blind via the Post
ffice.  Please keep volumes together if at all possible.
This year's coordinator is Barbara Cheadle.  If you have any
uestions, you may contact Barbara Cheadle at (410) 747-3472 or email her at
acheadle at msn.com.
 This year's event is slated to take place on Monday, July 2. Please
heck your agenda for the time and room.