[Fopbc] {Disarmed} Fwd: Announcing Perkins Perspectives!

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 17:18:35 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Perkins School for the Blind <Get-Involved at Perkins.org>
To: fopbc <fopbc at aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 24, 2012 12:44 pm
Subject: Announcing Perkins Perspectives!

Trouble seeing this message? View it online.

Announcing Perkins Perspectives
A new eZine reflecting our expanding mission and growing reach

Dear Lenora,
  Change is the key to enduring success.  So, it’s with excitement and enthusiasm that I share the news of some of the big changes happening at Perkins today.
 Our mission and reach have greatly expanded—last year we supported more than a half a million people in 67 countries around the world with our education resources, training programs, advocacy, and products.  In the process, we redefined our goals to include eradicating the fact that 4.5 million children do not go to school somewhere in the world because they are blind or deafblind.
 In exploring how to have the most impact as an organization, we embarked on a naming and branding exploration. The result is a shorter corporate name: “Perkins,” and, a logo that showcases our commitment to literacy through braille.
 Finally, we decided to take our “Lantern” print publication and our “Insight” online eNewsletter and create something new, bold and powerful we feel you will enjoy reading on a regular basis. We came up with Perspectives—an on-and-offline correspondence.
 You'll get your first Perkins Perspectives eZine on
Monday, October 8.
 In the meanwhile, if you use spam filters to protect your inbox, please take a moment to add Get-Involved at perkins.org to your address book. This will help ensure you receive the messages you requested and that your email software displays images properly.
Regards,

Carolyn Assa
 Editor-in-Chief
 Perkins Perspectives

P.S. This October, Perkins will compete online with hundreds of local charities for over 60 challenge grants donated by the Boston Foundation during the first-ever Giving Common Challenge. By giving just $25 online, you could help us win $25,000 or more. Find out how at www.Perkins.org/Challenge.

Find us on

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.