[Gabs] NFB Convention Info for Attendees from Georgia

gaikens at nfbga.org gaikens at nfbga.org
Fri Jun 29 20:05:00 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I just wanted to make sure the following information was shared with
everyone attending convention next week.

The 2018 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind begins
just next week on July 3 and runs through July 8. For more information about
the convention, including the complete convention agenda, visit the 2018
Convention page <https://nfb.org/convention> .

I look forward to seeing those of you who will be at convention.         If
you need any assistance during convention, do not hesitate to call or text
me at (404) 444-8661. Dorothy Griffin will also be available at (770)
374-4832.

The Georgia Caucus will be held on Thursday, July 5 from 5:00-6:00 PM in
Wekiwa 9. For those of you who have not attended the convention before, the
caucus is a time to get together with the entire delegation from Georgia. We
would love to see you there. It is also a time to discuss any resolutions of
interest or answer any general questions about convention. Please share this
info with anyone you know is attending convention from our state. We also
typically collect banquet tickets during this time for people who want to
sit with the Georgia group, so bring your tickets to the meeting.

The NFB of Georgia will be selling T-shirts and baseball caps in the exhibit
hall this year. Please sign up to help at our table by contacting Nata
Watkins (nwatkins at nfbga.org <mailto:nwatkins at nfbga.org> ). Also, The NFB
Independence Market is still looking for volunteers during convention. If
you are available to help, please contact Jen White at jwhite at nfb.org
<mailto:jwhite at nfb.org>  or by calling the National Office. At (410)
659-9314.

I look forward to seeing you at our caucus, our exhibit hall table, and
during general sessions.

Greg Aikens, President

 <http://www.nfbga.org/> National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

Email:  <mailto:gaikens at nfbga.org> gaikens at nfbga.org