[Greater-baltimore] President-elect Obama's visit on Saturday

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Jan 15 21:05:16 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Federationists:

As many of you know, the President-elect will be visiting Baltimore on
Saturday January 17, the day of our chapter meeting.  He is scheduled to
give a speech at the War Memorial Plaza in Baltimore at 4:15 Saturday
afternoon.  The gates of the plaza are scheduled to open at 1:00 p.m. I
am hopeful that the road closures and other measures being taken by the
city in order to prepare for his visit will not interfere much with our
meeting, but I thought you should be aware that issues may arise and
plan accordingly.  In particular, please note the following:

*	I-83 will be closed in both directions from President Street to
North Avenue between 4 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, January 17.
*	The Shot Tower/Market Place Metro Station will be closed on
Saturday until the event ends due to its location within the security
perimeter.
*	MTA busses will be rerouted and diverted, though the specifics
are still being worked out.

If you are using Mobility or public transit to get into and out of
Baltimore on Saturday, you will want to check on how this event will
affect your plans.  In addition, I think it is in the best interest of
everyone that we expedite business as much as possible during the
chapter meeting so that those who want to get home before congestion
becomes too great will be able to do so.

I hope that you will still make plans to be at our meeting Saturday as
we have many important matters to discuss.  I look forward to seeing you
all then.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen