[Greater-baltimore] President-elect Obama's visit to Baltimore

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Jan 17 01:42:38 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We have been given the opportunity to have a close-up view of the visit
of President-elect Obama and Vice President-elect Biden to Baltimore
tomorrow afternoon. As many of you know, our new President will visit
Baltimore's War Memorial Plaza to make a speech tomorrow afternoon at
approximately 4:15 p.m.  There will be special seating available for
members of the National Federation of the Blind to view this speech.
Vans will be leaving from the National center for the Blind immediately
after our chapter meeting to take interested members to see the speech.
Because of the limitations imposed by the security measures in place to
protect the President-elect, getting to the venue will also involve
leaving our vans at a designated parking spot, taking a short ride on
the light rail, and then being escorted to the special seating area.  We
should arrive at War Memorial Plaza at one o'clock in the afternoon or
shortly thereafter, which means that there will be a substantial wait
time before the speech itself.

If you would like to participate in this historic opportunity, please
come to the meeting dressed warmly and as unencumbered by personal items
as possible.  Security around the venue will be tight and you will not
be permitted to carry items like briefcases, backpacks, coolers, and the
like to your seat.  You'll need plenty of patience and physical stamina
to enjoy this experience, but this is a chance to participate in a
significant moment in U.S. history.

If you are interested in attending the rally, please let me know by
e-mail at cdanielsen at nfb.org or by calling 410-262-1281 so that we can
be sure we have enough transportation for everyone.  Even if you notify
me in advance there is a chance that we cannot accommodate everyone, so
be advised that seats will be available on a first-come, first-served
basis.  I apologize for the short notice but we were only informed of
this opportunity late this afternoon.  We will do our best to make this
a memorable and exciting experience for everyone.

I look forward to seeing you all at the meeting tomorrow morning.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President