[Greater-baltimore] Coin Launch Again

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Mar 11 17:49:40 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

Here is an official invitation for the Coin Launch.  Again, I hope to see
many of you there!

Melissa

The National Federation of the Blind invites you to the launch of the Louis
Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar!

When:             March 26, 2009

Where:            National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute

1800 Johnson Street
Baltimore, MD 21230

Time:  10:00 a.m.

Doors open at 9:30 a.m.

Registration:    HYPERLINK
"http://www.nfb.org/Forms.asp?MODE=NEW&SnID=275421925&Forms_FormTypeID=-130"
Register online now!

If you love Braille, want to learn more about it, or want to join us in our
effort to bring awareness to the Braille literacy crisis, we urge you to
attend this extraordinary event. It is not often that such a unique
opportunity arises, and we hope that you will join us as we celebrate this
defining moment in American history. The Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver
Dollar is the first United States coin to contain proper tactile Braille.

Festivities begin at 10:00 a.m. and will last until approximately 1:00 p.m.
Attendees will have the first opportunity to purchase the Louis Braille
Bicentennial Silver Dollar.  U.S. Mint Director Ed Moy will speak at the
event and will also be available to sign letters of authenticity.

Dr. Fred Schroeder will be the master of ceremonies and Dr. Marc Maurer will
offer the keynote address.

A Braille fair with fun activities for all ages will be held from 11:00 a.m.
to 1:00 p.m. in conjunction with the launch ceremony.

The event will also mark the nationwide release of a groundbreaking report
on the Braille literacy crisis in America––you will not want to miss it.

You can register to attend the event by going online to the HYPERLINK
"http://www.nfb.org/Forms.asp?MODE=NEW&SnID=275421925&Forms_FormTypeID=-130"
event registration form or by calling (410) 659-9314, extension 2230.

If you cannot attend the event but are interested in purchasing a coin,
please visit the HYPERLINK
"http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/index.cfm?action=commemoratives"U.S.
Mint's Web site.

Checked by AVG.