[Greater-baltimore] Help for a chapter member

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue May 12 12:40:13 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Federationists:

One of the great things about our chapter is that we all come together
when a member is in time of need and do what we can to help. I'm writing
to ask this Greater Baltimore chapter family to help one of our members
who needs some temporary assistance.

Most of you know Marsha Lindsey, who has become an integral part of our
chapter through her tireless volunteer efforts in the short time she has
lived here in Baltimore. you may also know that Marsha recently suffered
a fall, resulting in deep bruising and requiring extensive physical
rehabilitation. Marsha will be discharged from the hospital today and
will return to her home; however, her mobility will still be very
limited. It will help Marsha a great deal if some of us could prepare
food that she can easily heat up, or that does not require any
preparation on her part,  so that she will not have to struggle with
cooking while she continues her recuperation. If you can donate a salad,
casserole, lasagna, pre-packaged food that you do not plan to use, or
something similar to Marsha, please let me know. Also, if you can assist
with making sure these donations get to Marsha, let me know that as
well; I could use some assistance in coordinating this effort.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter
National federation of the Blind of Maryland

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
1800 Johnson Street