[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder and request for your help

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Oct 16 14:47:09 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow Federationists:

This is just a note to remind you that the meeting of the Greater
Baltimore Chapter will take place tomorrow, Saturday, October 17, in the
fourth floor conference room of the National Federation of the Blind
headquarters. The weather forecast predicts that tomorrow will be cold
and rainy, but we will be warmed by a hearty breakfast prepared by staff
and students from BISM and the warmth and friendliness of our great
Federation family as we gather for the final chapter meeting before the
upcoming Maryland State Convention. Speaking of the convention, today is
the last day you can make reservations at the Carousel Hotel and Resort
by calling 410-524-1000, and you need to register for the convention by
October 23 to take advantage of the early registration rates of $15
registration and $30 for banquet tickets. The convention, of course,
will be on our meeting agenda, as well as the usual Presidential Release
by national President Dr. Marc Maurer; other items from state president
Melissa Riccobono; updates on important transportation issues; and much
more. Also, don't forget that tomorrow is your final chance to purchase
a Macy's Shop for a Cause coupon for only $5. Buy your coupon and then
head to Macy's to take advantage of the deep discounts on items
throughout the store--available tomorrow only. If you can't go shopping,
give the coupon to a friend--the $5 still goes to support the Greater
Baltimore Chapter. Another reminder: You should turn in chapter dues
beginning tomorrow. Dues are $5 and john Cheadle will be available to
take them in the absence of Mrs. Maurer, our treasurer, who is in
Australia with dr. Maurer.

The chapter is always busy outside of our meetings, and we're continuing
our efforts to sell the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar. We'll
be participating in the Westminster Coin and Currency Show the day after
our meeting, Sunday, October 18. We could use another volunteer to help
with this effort, so let me know if you're willing to rise early on
Sunday morning and head to Westminster to inform coin show participants
about the crisis in Braille literacy and how they can help by purchasing
a Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar.

Also, Saran Watson, a Towson University student who is conducting
psychological research, will be on hand tomorrow. She needs thirty blind
individuals to take a brief survey in order to conduct her research.
Your participation will be confidential. Please help Saran out by
completing this brief survey while you're here for the meeting, or by
signing a consent form so that she can contact you.

Finally, chapter elections will be held tomorrow, so make sure you're
here to vote for the officers and board of directors that will serve for
the next year. And as always, if you have items for the meeting agenda,
please call or e-mail me or catch me prior to the meeting tomorrow
morning.

See you tomorrow!

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Phone: 410-659-9314, ext. 2330
Fax: 410-685-5653
Cell phone: 410-262-1281
Email: cdanielsen at nfb.org
www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/>

There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.
You can be part of the solution.
Buy the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar now!
<https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?la
ngId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000>