[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder--please read for important information

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Oct 15 14:06:40 UTC 2010

Greetings, fellow Federationists, and happy White Cane Safety Day!

This is a note to remind you that the meeting of the Greater Baltimore
Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland will take
place tomorrow, Saturday October 16, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the
headquarters of the National Federation of the Blind in Baltimore. Due
to other events that are taking place in the building this weekend, the
meeting will be held in the auditorium. Breakfast will be served at 9
a.m. and will be held in the staff lunchroom instead of the dining room.
It is likely that some of you may experience difficulty getting to the
meeting because of the Baltimore Running Festival, which will affect all
downtown MTA bus routes and will divert traffic in the city. Please take
time to inform yourself about the effect the Running Festival will have
on your travel plans and act accordingly. I realize that some of you may
not be able to find transportation to the meeting, but please come if
you can, as we have several important business items to take care of at
this meeting.

Annual elections for the chapter Board of Directors will be held at this
meeting. Also, Mr. Armstead Jones from the Baltimore City Election
Commission will visit us to talk about the upcoming November 2 general
election and answer any questions you may have about accessible voting.
Those of you who agreed to participate in the focus group being
conducted by Towson University will need to stay for about an hour
following the chapter meeting, as the researchers will conduct the
session at that time. The focus group will be held in the auditorium
immediately after the chapter meeting. We will also celebrate White cane
Safety Day with a proclamation from the Governor's office, learn how we
might be able to save money on our electric bills, and discuss plans for
a roundabout at Key Highway and Light Street. Of course, we will have
the presidential Release from Dr. Maurer and the latest news about the
state convention taking place next weekend in Annapolis. Finally, the
chapter audit committee will also meet following the chapter meeting.

If you have any questions or other agenda items, please don't hesitate
to e-mail or call me. I hope to see all of you tomorrow morning.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations