[Greater-baltimore] NFB of Maryland Convention Exhibits

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Sat Oct 16 11:29:04 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We are just a week away from the excitement of the convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland in Annapolis, and I hope
that you plan to attend.  As you know the convention will take place
from October 22-24 (if you need more details on the convention hotel,
please visit www.nfbmd.org).

The convention is a wonderful time to learn more about progress in the
NFB and about resources available in Maryland. We are again pleased to
feature an exhibit hall on Friday afternoon and we encourage you to
spend a few minutes visiting with the exhibitors who have taken the time
to come to the convention. The exhibit hall will be open on Friday,
October 22, from 1-6 p.m. in the Mainsail West Room at the Doubletree.
This is a perfect time for you to see some of the resources and products
available to you.  Below you will find a list of the exhibitors planning
to attend the convention-be sure to make time to see what they have to
offer!

Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM): CORE program and SAIL
program

Braille-A-Wear: Braille embossed apparel

The Center for Sleep and Wake Disorders: Sleep study recruitment in
totally blind individuals with no light perception

Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind: Services and resources

DORS, Office of Blind and Vision Services: DORS/OBVS services

Freedom Scientific: Access technology

Integration Technologies Group, Inc.: HumanWare distributor of access
technology

Maryland Library for the Blind: Services and resources

Maryland Technology Assistance Program: Services and support for
acquiring technology

NFB Access Technology Team: Objective technology guidance and tips from
your NFB technology experts

NFB-NEWSLINE: Newspapers and magazines over the phone, Web, or in your
pocket

NPR Labs

University of Vermont: Check out the thermal eraser for the SEWELL
raised line drawing kit.  Now, you can erase your mistakes

 Thank you to our convention sponsors and exhibitors--please be sure to
acknowledge their support of our convention by visiting with them next
week.

Sincerely,

Mark Riccobono