[Greater-baltimore] Opportunity to Serve as Poll Judges

Jim McCarthy jmccarthynfb at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 03:26:46 UTC 2010

I don't know any more than is contained in the material that follows. The
training of these poll judges is the result of a grant received by the
University of Baltimore. I mentioned this to those who were at Saturday's
chapter meeting and stated that I would send an email to these lists.

Jim McCarthy

THE 2010 HELP AMERICA VOTE COLLEGE PROGRAM
AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE

Promote Citizenship! Help Democracy! Become An Election Judge!

(And, you can get paid to do it!)

The University of Baltimore has been awarded a grant by the United States
Election Assistance Commission for its proposal to participate in the Help
America Vote College Program. This program is designed to encourage and
facilitate college students with disabilities to work as election judges for
the general election on November 2, 2010.

The 2010 Help America Vote College Program at the University of Baltimore
will be managed by the Schaefer Center for Public Policy and the Center for
Citizenship and Applied Politics in the School of Public Affairs. A team of
Student Election Judge Recruiters will be conducting outreach to college
students at the University of Baltimore and other area colleges and
universities to obtain their participation in the administration of the
upcoming election.

*	To be an election judge in Maryland a person must be:

*18 years of age by Election Day
*a United States Citizen
*a qualified registered voter in Maryland

Election judges in the Baltimore metropolitan area can earn up to $162.50
for working a full day on Election Day and will receive up to $40 for
attending a pre-election day training session.

(Democrats, Republicans, Green Party, Libertarians, Independents,
Unaffiliated Voters-All are eligible and needed)

To apply to become a College Student Election Judge complete the brief
application form online at scpp.ubalt.edu/HAVA, over the phone at
410-837-6264 or mail this application to Help America Vote College Program,
Liberal Arts and Policy Building 5th Floor, University of Baltimore, 1420 N.
Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.

If you need further assistance please contact Patrick Chachulski

By Telephone 410-837-4775

THE HELP AMERICA VOTE COLLEGE PROGRAM

AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE

Application to Become a College Student Election Judge

NAME:  _______________________________________

ADDRESS:             _______________________________________

TEL. NOS:             __________________________________(home)

                                __________________________________(work

                                __________________________________(cell)

E-MAIL:                __________________________________

ARE YOU A REGISTERED VOTER?                                      _______
(YES)  ______(NO)

IF REGISTERED, IN WHAT COUNTY OR CITY?     ________________________

WILL YOU BE OVER THE AGE OF 18 BY 11/2/10?   ______(YES)  ________(NO)

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE COLLEGE OR

UNIVERSITY THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING?  __________________________

Do you need Accommodations

working as an Election Judge?                       _______ (YES)
______(NO)

                Yes, I want to help administer the general election in
Maryland by working as an election judge in a polling place on November 2,
2010.  I understand that I may need to be able to work all day on election
day and that I will be paid for this work by the local board of elections in
the county/city where I work.

Signature                                       (date)

Please return your completed application electronically at
http://scpp.ubalt.edu/~Election/ <http://scpp.ubalt.edu/%7EElection/> , by
fax (410-837-6175), by telephone (41-837-6264) or deliver to the Help
America Vote College Program at 1420 N. Charles St., Liberal Arts & Policy
Building, 5th Floor Baltimore, Maryland  21202.