[Greater-baltimore] FW: Funeral Arrangements

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Mar 26 13:53:08 UTC 2011

  _____

From: Michael Bullis [mailto:bullis.michael at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 11:39 PM
To: llhumphrey205 at aol.com; theo.pinette at gmail.com; cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com; provi.sharpe at mdtap.org; lmarkland at mdtap.org; trice at mdtap.org; jzimba at mdtap.org; mmurphy at mdtap.org; dschuler at mdtap.org; tgoodman at mdtap.org; West, Renee; jbrennan at mdod.state.md.us; serenity at spiritone.com; lavonnewood at live.com; cdavidward at aol.com; ablejan at aol.com; eduggan at goucher.edu; hfranklin at baltimorecountymd.gov; hfranklin at baltimorecounty.gov; dnichols at imagemd.org; hmooney at imagemd.org; abouma at imagemd.org; jleone at imagemd.org; rwynegar at imagemd.org; nancy at amazingnonprofits.com; jlewis at lbph.lib.mb.us; carican at purplejim.net; gfailla at mdod.state.md.us; craggio at mdod.state.md.us; jcarr at bism.org; mperret at bism.org; cdavis at bism.org; sriffle at bism.org; rsager at bism.org; jbopp at bism.org; dwoytowitz at bism.org; fpuente at bism.org; aphelps at bism.org; ataylor at mfb.org; Riccobono, Mark; melissa at riccobono.us; daniel.frye at ed.gov; w.dave at sbcglobal.net; Danielsen, Chris; phuston at dors.state.md.us; sschaffer at dors.state.md.us; youngchuck1 at hotmail.com; terriecarpenter at gmail.com
Subject: Funeral Arrangements

First of all, thanks to all of you who sent your thoughts and prayers.  I do know how difficult it is to write anything that will make a difference.  I actually smiled some times because I have been where you are.  It's not easy.  It always feels trite.  It seems so screwed up.  But, just so you know, now that I'm here, it really does mean a lot.  It means that you're there and you really do care, and you really do want to help.  And, you're just as confused as I have been about what to say in this situation.

The services will be at Ruck's funeral home Chapel in Towson, next Thursday, March 31, at 1:30.  For those of you who can make it, please let me know so I can kind of get a count.  I'm trying to decide whether to have you over to the house or whether we go to a restaurant that Connie and I liked.

For those of you who can't be here, I'm trying to arrange for live streaming of the memorial and will let you know.  If I can work it out, you can even make comments live as well, but, we'll see about that part.  I just know that Connie knew many people who may not be able to get here and I'll do what I can to help you be a part of the service.

There is going to be transportation available for those who don't drive in the Baltimore area, so let Aloma Bouma know if you need that.  Her email is abouma at verizon.net<mailto:abouma at verizon.net>.

To those of you have offered to help... I can't tell you how much it means to me.  I can only hope I offer the same to you in the future.  Honestly, I do appreciate phone calls.  Hearing your voices means a lot: 443-286-9001.

No, none of us can bring Connie back.  What we can do is remember her for who she was.  One thing I loved about her was her strength and desire to, at all times, do what was right.  She didn't need tough love.  She needed positive encouragement.  I can't tell you each day what a joy it was being with her.  Yes, yes, I heard all those Connie stories about her depression, but, I never saw it.  She just blossomed when loved and I did so enjoy loving her.  We walked holding hands.  We really liked one another.  We had something special that I credit to a spirit that Connie had and she credited to me.  I always thought that things would level off, the passion would go away, the vitality would dim.  It never did.

We came back from North Carolina last week-end on the train holding hands and enjoying every moment of it.  It just always seemed like it would be there.  That was part of our delusion, we thought it would go on forever.  I am so greatful for what we had and so very very lucky to have had Connie Taylor in my life.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.  Appreciate every moment with your loved ones and reach out to others, offering your vulnerability, so you can build those meaningful relationships for your future.

Love to you all:

Mike

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5987 (20110326) __________

http://www.eset.com