[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder and notes on tomorrow's meeting

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Nov 18 20:16:44 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The monthly meeting of the greater Baltimore Chapter of the National federation of the blind of Maryland will take place tomorrow, November 19, at the federation's headquarters at 200 east Wells Street in Baltimore. The Board of Directors of the National Federation of the blind is meeting this weekend, so our meeting will be held in the auditorium instead of the main fourth floor conference room. Breakfast will be served in the dining room at 9 a.m. and the meeting will begin promptly at 10 a.m. I will be absent due to an unavoidable conflict and so will the first vice-president, so the meeting will be chaired by our second vice-president, Ellen Ringlein. If you have items for the meeting agenda, you should let me know by e-mail or phone call, or talk to Ellen prior to the meeting.

We had planned to hold our chapter elections at this meeting as we were unable to hold them in October. However, because of the national board meeting and other circumstances, most of the officers will not be present for this meeting. Therefore, elections will take place in December.

A young woman named Brinna Neal and her father, Shane, will be visiting the chapter. Brinna is conducting a science fair experiment on whether blind people are able to ascertain physical characteristics of an individual by hearing their voice. If you're interested in participating in this experiment, you may want to plan to stay for a few minutes after the meting adjourns at around noon. We will also be hearing about research for people with low vision taking place at the Wilmer Eye Institute of Johns Hopkins University.

I regret that I will not be in attendance at tomorrow's meeting, but look forward to seeing you all in December for our meeting and Christmas repast. Speaking of which, we will be calling for volunteers tomorrow to bring food and goodies and to assist in the serving and cleanup of the repast, which will take place immediately after our December chapter meeting.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations