[Greater-baltimore] Resolutions for Upcoming Convention

Jim McCarthy jmccarthynfb at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 16:50:16 UTC 2011

Fellow Federationists:

President Riccobono has appointed me to chair our resolutions committee for
the convention coming soon. The weather and calendar both indicate to me
that October has come and our convention arrives on the weekend of October
28-30. The Resolutions Committee will meet on the afternoon of Friday,
October 28.

I hope that those of you who have policy ideas you want expressed as
resolutions will provide those to me for consideration of the Resolutions
Committee. Please provide them to me by Friday, October 21, one week prior
to the October 28 meeting. As chair of the committee, I may need to work
with authors to put resolutions in a form that allows us as an affiliate to
address them; I may need to reach out to experts in the affiliate, other
members of the committee; some editing is often necessary and it is the
intent of the committee to avoid substantial reworking at the convention
itself. If you have ideas but are not quite sure how to make them into
resolutions, feel free to email me and I will help with that process. those
initial emails that suggest an idea  should come soon so that we can have
largely resolution-ready ideas by October 21. My email address is
jmccarthynfb at earthlink.net and I look forward to chairing the Resolutions
Committee this year and to helping develop valuable statements of policy for
our NFB affiliate.

Jim McCarthy