[Greater-baltimore] Hearts of Vision Chamber Orchestra - Carnegie Hall Concert

Frye, Daniel Daniel.Frye at ed.gov
Wed Oct 5 12:09:39 UTC 2011

Save us, please! Hearts of Vision? So much in this announcement warrants consideration, cringing, and objection. And truth to tell, this is probably a talented group; it's unfortunate that they have to market themselves as particularly noteworthy because they are all blind and can play in the dark, unless their seven associates are not blind and believe that they've achieved some significant accomplishment because they can use nonvisual techniques just like their thirteen colleagues. Ordinarily, I don't comment on passing news items that might irritate or provoke me, but this just struck me as ridiculous and over-the-top on this Wednesday morning. Smile!

Dan Frye