[Greater-baltimore] Announcement for State Convention Meeting

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Oct 10 16:56:55 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

The following announcement comes to you on behalf of Janice Toothman.  I am
very excited about this meeting, and I know it will mean great things for
guide dog users and those interested in guide dogs in Maryland.  I hope many
of you will be able to attend this meeting at our upcoming convention!

Attention: Guide Dog Users or Anyone interested in getting a Guide Dog

There will be a meeting at the state convention of the National Federation
of the Blind of Maryland in order to discuss starting a guide dog committee
or division in the Maryland affiliate.  This meeting will take place
Saturday, October 29, 2011, from 7:15-8:15 AM in room 610 of the Carousel
Hotel in Ocean City.  Along with discussion of the National Association of
Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) and the possible benefits and roles of a guide dog
committee or division in Maryland, we will discuss some of the current guide
dog laws in Maryland related to accessibility, the proposed NAGDU Bill of
Rights, and other topics as time permits. All are welcome to attend. Coffee
and doughnuts will be provided. Feel free to bring your own breakfast food,
if you desire. If you have questions, contact Janice Toothman at
Janice.toothman at verizon.net