[Greater-baltimore] Goodwill informational protest in Baltimore

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Aug 15 19:02:45 UTC 2012

Dear fellow Federationists:
                As some of you may already know, the National Federation of the Blind is planning coordinated nationwide informational protests against Goodwill Industries International, Inc., and its policy of paying workers with disabilities wages below the federal minimum wage. These protests, which will take place in front of Goodwill thrift stores across the country, are designed to bring public attention to Goodwill's unfair, discriminatory, and immoral behavior, and to the issue of subminimum wages. The Baltimore protest will take place in front of the Goodwill thrift store located at 715 South Broadway in Fells Point. Like all of the national protests, it will be held on Saturday, August 25, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Transportation to the protest site will leave the NFB Jernigan Institute promptly at 10:15 a.m. that Saturday morning. If you wish to make your own way to the location, please plan to be there at least fifteen minutes prior to the start of the protest. We will march in the area in front of the store, carrying signs explaining our position, and hand out flyers to passers-by. The flyers and signs will be provided.
                Please let me know, no later than the chapter meeting on Saturday, whether you will participate in this informational protest action, and whether or not you will want to use the transportation from the NFB Jernigan institute. You can send me an e-mail at cdanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org> prior to the chapter meeting. I look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday and hope that you will all participate in this important event on August 25.
Sincerely,
Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

P.S. Please consider making a $10 donation to the National Federation of the Blind simply by texting "NFB" to 85944. Thank you.

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street