[Greater-baltimore] Blindness Survey

Maurice Peret mauriceperet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:06:10 UTC 2012

Durham University,  England, is currently conducting a research study
that investigates how people with vision loss go about their daily
life. We're looking at people from all walks of life, and all ages.
This study is aimed at helping us understand what influences the
independence and freedom of people with vision loss in their daily life.

The survey was designed in collaboration with Daniel Kish from World
Access for the Blind

  In the context of this study we invite people with vision loss to
complete a questionnaire that has 45 questions. The questions range
from questions about age and gender, to questions
about vision loss, to questions about education, work, mobility or
social life. It may take up to 30 minutes to answer all the
questions. To obtain more
information about the study, or to participate in the survey, please
go to the survey webpage at
http://www.dur.ac.uk/lore.thaler/survey.html
The survey is available in English and German, and can be conducted
on line, or using a downloadable text file.

If You have any questions or concerns regarding the survey please
contact Doctor Lore Thaler, Department of Psychology, Durham University, UU.K.,
Telephone: 01913343290 (Country Code 44),
E-mail
lore.thaler at durham.ac.uk
Daniel Kish:
daniel.kish at worldaccessfortheblind.org