[Greater-baltimore] Fun Cane Outing for Kids and Families

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Sep 13 19:15:28 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to report that we will be having a fun get together for
families of blind children in pre school through second grade, on Saturday,
October 6, at the Columbia Mall. This will be an opportunity for blind
children to explore a new environment with their cane under the direction of
a blind mentor.  It will also be an opportunity for parents of these
children to ask questions about cane travel and try their hand at walking
with a cane under sleep shades. Finally, sighted siblings will get the
opportunity to explore the mall under sleep shades if they choose, or just
hang out with a friendly adult and do some browsing/shopping.

                We are excited to be able to partner with the Jernigan
Institute for this outing. We hope to see many of you there!

Please see the attached flier for more details, and for information on how
to RSVP.

Melissa