[Greater-baltimore] Help needed

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Jun 28 15:10:56 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists,
The NFB Jernigan Institute needs your help! From July 29th-August 3rd, we will be hosting fifty blind students from around the nation for our newest Youth in Science Program-NFB Stem-X. Stem-X will take place at Towson University in Baltimore and WE NEED MARSHALS! We have several shifts available for folks to choose from. We will need six people for each shift, so we'll either need a whole lot of folks or some dedicated folks who will work several shifts. We highly prefer that people sign up to work an entire shift or multiple shifts. The shifts are outlined below.

Monday: July 29: 11a-4p, 4p-10p,
Tuesday, July 30: 6a-10a, 10a-3p, 3p-8p, 8p-10:30p
Wednesday: July 31: 6a-10a, 10a-3p, 3p-8p, 8p-10:30p
Thursday, August 1: 6a-10a, 10a-3p, 3p-8p, 8p-10:30p
Friday, August 2: 6a-10a, 10a-3p, 3p-10p
Saturday, August 3: 6a-10a, 10a-2p

The qualities we're looking for in volunteers who serve in this capacity are:

*         A big voice that you aren't afraid to use

*         Willing to walk/stand for the vast majority of the shift

*         Willing to be outside in the July heat for the vast majority of the shift

People who are interested in volunteering in this capacity should contact Jennifer Dunnam at jdunnam at nfb.org<mailto:jdunnam at nfb.org> or 612-767-5658. Questions about volunteering in this capacity can also be directed to Jennifer.

Big thanks in advance for your help in making Stem-X a success for blind youth!
Natalie Shaheen

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further. Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!  For more information, please visit www.carshelpingtheblind.org<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org> or call 1-855-659-9314

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street