[Greater-baltimore] FW: Attention all Federationists: NFB Captains and Crew Needed for Downtown Sailing this Summer

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri May 17 17:43:21 UTC 2013

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind

-----Original Message-----
From: Riccobono, Mark
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 12:29 PM
To: NCB Staff
Subject: Attention all Federationists: NFB Captains and Crew Needed for Downtown Sailing this Summer

Ahoy There!

Last summer we initiated a partnership with the Downtown Sailing Center to get blind people out on the water sailing. This also provided an opportunity for our sighted colleagues to come with us to serve as readers on the waves.

This is to invite those of you who did not participate last summer to consider participating this summer. We are in need of more blind sailors and more sighted crew--experience is not required for either role. I am taking a list. If we get more interest than we have spots, we can substitute people when we know someone cannot attend.

Please consider the following dates and whether you want to participate. Especially if you do not have sailing experience, you should carefully consider whether you can make many of these dates as you will want to build your experience. Of course, the DSC is open to general membership at any time. This is simply an organized Federation dedicated sailing time and you know that means a great time will be had by all!

Blind Sailing with DSC this Summer:
May 28
June 17
July 15
August 19
Sept 16
Sept 22 - Charm City Regatta

All sailing dates will start at 5:30 PM and run through sundown (with the exception of the regatta).

May the wind be with you!

Mark

P.S. Check out our first ever Dot Dash 8K to support Braille literacy. Help spread the word and join us on June 2 https://nfb.org/dot-dash-8k

Mark A. Riccobono, M.S.ed
Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Phone: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2357
Fax: (410) 659-5129
Email: mriccobono at nfb.org
Twitter: @Riccobono
Web: www.nfb.org

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call 1-855-659-9314