[Greater-baltimore] Learn to Independently Manage Diabetes without Vision - Seminar on Dec. 7 in Arlington, VA

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Nov 7 03:20:50 UTC 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: Potomac Chapter NFB <potomacnfb at gmail.com>
Subject: Learn to Independently Manage Diabetes
without Vision - Seminar on Dec. 7 in Arlington
Date: November 6, 2013 at 10:01:58 PM EST
To: nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org, nfb-dc at nfbnet.org

Please spread the attached flier and invitation far and wide!

---

YES YOU CAN!
Learn to Independently Manage Diabetes without Vision

Saturday, December 7, 2013, 10:30 AM ­ 4:00 PM
Arlington Central Library (1015 N. Quincy Street; Arlington, VA)

When you are blind or have low vision, it can be
hard to learn testing procedures, glucometers,
pumps, and diet from medical practitioners. We are here to help.

During this seminar and lunch, you will learn
from the experts about how diabetes affects our eyes. You’ll discover that:

* Yes, you can independently test your blood sugar.

* Yes, you can accurately and safely administer your insulin.

* Yes, you can receive support from other blind diabetics.

* Yes, you can live safely, alone, and productively.

Reserve your seat today.

The small registration fee of $10 also includes lunch.

Call our ticketing partner, Brown Paper Tickets,
at (800) 838-3006, and say that you’re attending the “NFB Diabetes Seminar.”

Questions? Call John Halverson at (703) 867-6400.

<file://c:\program%20files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\Diabetes%20Seminar%20PCNFB%20Flier2.doc>
Diabetes Seminar PCNFB Flier2.doc