[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Nov 13 16:27:13 UTC 2013

Dear Fellow Federationists:

This is a reminder that the monthly meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter will take place this coming Saturday, November 16, at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore 21230. The meeting will begin promptly at 10 a.m. Because of another meeting taking place at the NFBJI this week, our meeting will be held in the auditorium instead of the usual conference room.

Doubtless you have heard about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, sometimes called "Obamacare," and the Maryland health care marketplace that is being set up under this law. We are pleased that at the chapter meeting Kristin Robb-McGrath, who is an assistor with the Maryland Health Connection, will be available to tell us about the law's requirements and this new way to shop for health coverage. We will also have Braille brochures about the Maryland Health Connection for those who need them.

In addition, we will have our usual chapter business, as well as doing some planning for our annual Christmas repast. Members of the Audit Committee, which is chaired by Barry Hond and whose appointed members are Steven Booth, Ellen Ringlein, and Thera Morning, are reminded that the audit will take place following the chapter meeting, so you should plan your afternoon and your transportation accordingly.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: cdanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
www.nfb.org

Take the stress out of this year's holiday shopping with NFB's Bid for Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday, Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register<http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=bid-for-equality> to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid!