[Greater-baltimore] [Greater-Baltimore] Reminder for next TLC Chapter meeting

Michael Bullis bullis.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:16:48 UTC 2014

To those of you planning to attend the TLC Chapter meeting on Thursday, here
is some information about transportation.
Bus numbers 11, 48 and 55 stop right in front of Hampton Plaza, the location
of the IMAGE Center.
Be aware that if you take the 48 bus, it will go to the end of its route at
the Mall and then your stop will be the first one on the way back toward
Baltimore.
If you are taking the 3, 8 or the 12, you will get off at the Towson Circle.
Joppa road heads East from the circle.  If you cross to the north side of
Joppa Road you will head East and walk for approximately three blocks,
although there are no actual streets with names, although they do have
traffic.
There are two entrances to the mall and five other driveways prior to
reaching Hampton Plaza.  If you get to Fairmount Avenue, you've gone too
far.  Turn around and go back to the main steps into Hampton Plaza.  There
is also a ramp on the left side of the steps for those of you who may need
it.

When you enter Hampton Plaza you will pass into a courtyard.  Turn left and
as you walk, on your left will be a series of doors.  The door that will be
unlocked will be the accessible door with a metal stanchion sticking out
that holds the automatic door button.  Go in that door and head straight
into the elevator bay.  Take any elevator to the 3rd floor.  Turn right out
of the elevator and right again at the main hallway.  The IMAGE Center,
Suite 312, is located on your right about 75 feet down the hallway.  On the
right side of the door there is a brailled sign as well as a lockbox.
Marshals will be present to provide guidance because it's complicated.  We
constantly have people getting lost.

Driving
If you're driving to the IMAGE Center from the North, turn left on Fairmount
Avenue and turn right on Fairmount Avenue.   Yes, the road turns but doesn't
change names.  Continue to Joppa Road and turn right again.  Hampton Plaza
will be on your right.  Enter through the main driveway and take a parking
ticket so we can validate.  As you face the building, offices are on the
left and apartments are on the right.  You want the offices.  Continue to
the 3rd floor and turn right.  Turn right again find Suite 312, down the
hall about 75 feet on your right.