[Greater-baltimore] W: AMAZON - JOBS ARE HERE!

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Wed Jul 23 18:26:28 UTC 2014

Colleagues,

I thought some of our chapter members who are seeking employment might be interested in this posting.

Subject: AMAZON - JOBS ARE HERE!

AMAZON JOBS ARE HERE!

PLEASE POST THE FLYERS IN YOUR CENTERS TODAY!
WE WANT THE MAJORITY OF JOBS FILLED BY QUALIFIED BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS

[cid:image003.png at 01CFA27A.7A935720]

Attached are 2 flyers for the Amazon jobs which were posted today, July 18, 2014. These jobs are for the first building which will have 100-200 positions and scheduled to open in a couple of months.
(note: the Part time night positions are in demand by the company. The hours will be 3pm-midnight)
The attached flyers can be displayed starting today.

1.       Jobseekers must apply on line.

2.       If the application is accepted, the applicant will be invited to a "Hiring Event" to  complete the application process.

3.       A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions. All applicants must provide proof/documentation of the diploma or GED.

4.        Individuals hired will have to complete the company orientation and training.

Below are websites that you can bookmark on your computers for jobseekers which provides more information about Amazon and how to apply. In addition, I am attaching a job posting from the Amazon website<http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com/opportunities/warehouse-associate> that was just released this afternoon.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOv9Rj_CK18

http://workatamazonfulfillment.com
This connects to a section of the first site that specifically details the Fulfillment Associate opportunity.  These positions represent our greatest need from a sheer number perspective.   Visitors will discover links that will allow them to apply to specific FC locations.

http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com
This site focuses on multiple roles within our Fulfillment Centers.  It includes nationwide postings for Exempt and Non-Exempt (many of which are already posted) Fulfillment Center opportunities in multiple employment categories.  It also showcases interactive overviews of what it means to work in an Amazon Fulfillment Center and a really neat pop quiz to see if the visitor to the site possesses some "Amazon DNA".

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonFulfillmentCareers?v=app_404596412628
We now have an Application Page set up on Facebook which lists current openings at Amazon Fulfillment Centers.  Candidates can reach this page by either using the hyperlink listed above or navigating to our Facebook Page and clicking the "Work for Us" image located below the big cover photo.  Interested candidates can also use this page to see which jobs match their Facebook profile as well as signing up for job alerts as new positions are posted.

Rosalind Howard
410-396-9045<tel:410-396-9045>

--

Mardea James
Senior Job Developer

[Image removed by sender.]<https://www.facebook.com/lssnca?ref=tn_tnmn> [Image removed by sender.] <http://pinterest.com/lssnca/boards/>  [Image removed by sender.] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/lutheran-social-services-of-the-national-capital-area?trk=nav_account_sub_nav_company_admin>  [Image removed by sender.] <http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialLSSNCA>
__._,_.___
________________________________
Posted by: "Elizabeth Obara" <lobara at pppcs.org>
________________________________