[Greater-baltimore] Research Study Participants Needed

Melissa Lomax via Greater-baltimore greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 11:46:56 UTC 2014

--
Melissa Lomax
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Dec. '13)
English-Literature Major
English-Writing and Sociology Double Minor
Sigma Tau Delta, Scholar
Phi Beta Kappa, Scholar
Maryland Association of Blind Students, President

Hello All!

My friend, Georgie Sydnor, is looking for people to participate in her
research study.  She is currently a  junior in college and needs this
study to complete one of her undergrad requirements.  If you know of
anyone else willing to participate, please spread the word to them
too!  The study description is below:

Hi everybody. My name's Georgie, and I'm a blind psychology major
(English double) at the College of William and Mary in Virginia. I'm
looking for blind participants for a study I'm conducting in June
which looks at memory in partially and totally blind people. The
experiment involves a word association task. I will conduct it with
people over the phone or via skype, and it shouldn't take longer than
30 minutes. I need as many people as I can get. All ages and all
levels of blindness are welcome. All participants will need to share
information with me about how much they can see, how their vision loss
has or has not progressed, and details on any other disabilities they
may have. Of course this information won't be shared with anyone
without permission. I'd hugely appreciate anyone who's willing to help
out. This is my first time giving this study, but the task will be
easy and I think pretty fun. It's a game, not a test. Anyone interested in
participating can email me at hgsydnor at email.wm.edu or call me at
434-851-2142. To any
volunteers, thanks in advance!