[Greater-baltimore] question

Maurice Peret mperet at BISM.org
Tue Nov 25 11:46:57 UTC 2014

Does anyone know of a resource for word search games in Braille?

Your reply shall be most appreciated.

Maurice Peret, NOMCT
Lead O&M Instructor & Rehabilitation Projects Coordinator
Blind Industries & Services of Maryland Rehabilitation Department
3345 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, Maryland 21227
Voice: 410.737.2673
Mobile: 804.928.4015
Fax: 410.737.2689
Toll Free: 888.322.4567
E-mail: mperet at bism.org<mailto:mperet at bism.org>
Worldwide Web: http://www.bism.org<http://www.bism.org/>
Mission: We positively change people's attitudes about blindness.
Core Values: Belief in the Capabilities of Blind People, Honesty, Integrity, Trust, Teamwork, Open Communications.

From: Vernon Humphrey [mailto:humphrey_vernon at columbusstate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 9:08 AM
To: Maurice Peret
Subject: NFB meeting

It was a pleasure meeting you at the NFB convention in Orlando.  I am sure you probably met as many people as I did if not more, so please allow me to re-introduce myself.

My name is Vernon Humphrey, I am a legally blind Veteran (RP with a 5 degree visual field) and I am working on completing my PhD at the University of Southern Mississippi and teaching communication studies at Columbus State University, Columbus, GA.

For my dissertation I am researching how couples change their communication techniques after one of them has become visually impaired. I found when I went through rehabilitation (I have looked at other programs also) they never talked about communication between people (interpersonal communication). Communication was about Braille and computer mediated communication.  Both of which we need, but I knew that my wife and I no-longer communicated the same way we once did.

Once again it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we are able to stay in touch.

Cordially,

Vern

--
"Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to situations."
Vernon Humphrey, MS