[Greater-baltimore] [Greater-Baltimore] Orioles on the Radio

Michael Bullis bullis.michael at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:35:03 UTC 2015

The problem with an internet stream through the iphone is that they are
delayed as much as 45 seconds, more depending upon the feed.  Internet
traffic has no time priority so can take as long as it needs to.
To answer another question.  The fcc doesn't mandate any delays of live
radio controlled by a broadcaster so far as I know.  Stations do delay for
seven seconds broadcasts that include live callers so they can bleep out any
offensive words.
Wbal doesn't delay the broadcase of baseball games at all.  However, they do
not have the crowd noise very high, so the ocasional nasty word can't be
heard.