[Greater-Baltimore] Six Days to get the Custody Bills passed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 4 14:04:09 UTC 2016

Hello All,

We did a great job on Friday.  The Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee did
vote in favor of the bill, so it will be going to the Senate floor very
soon.  However, our work is not finished.  Now we have to get the House
Judiciary Committee to vote in favor of the bill.  Please contact them today
April 4, or April 5. Here is the message to deliver:

Please conform HB876 to SB765.

The reason for this request is to avoid 2 different versions of the bill.
If we get 2 different versions they will have a conference committee, and we
will probably get nothing.  The Senate bill is a good start to eliminating
the disability bias that we parents and caregivers face when issues come up
about their children.

Here are the lists of people that you should call or email. Remember the
email address is  <mailto:firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us>
firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us

Remember, the telephone prefix is either 410-841 plus the extension OR
301-858 plus the extension.

Everyone should email or call the Chairmen of the House Judiciary Committee
Delegate Joseph Vallario, ext. 3488.

-          If you live in Baltimore City, email or call Delegate Curt
Anderson (ext. 3291), Jill Carter (ext. 3268), Frank Conaway (ext. 3189),
Samuel Rosenberg (Bill Sponsor)(ext. 3297)

-          If you live in Baltimore County, email or call John Cluster (ext.
3526), Charles Sydnor (ext. 3802),

-          If you live in Anne Arundel County, email or call Michael Mallone
(ext. 3510)

-          If you live in Howard County, email/call Vanessa Atterbeary (ext.
3471) and Trent Kittleman (ext. 3556)

-          If you live in Carroll County, call Trent Kittleman (ext. 3556)

-          For Harford County, call Susan McComas (ext. 3272), Glenn Glass
(ext. 3280)

-          For Montgomery County, Kathleen Dumais (ext. 3052), David Moon
(ext. 3474), Marice Morales (ext. 3528), William Smith (ext. 3493), Pamela
Queen (ext. 3380)

-           For Prince George's County, "Susie" Proctor (ext. 3083), Carlo
Sanchez (ext. 3340)

-           For St. Mary's County, Deborah Rey (ext. 3227)

-          For Washington County, Neil Parrott (ext. 3636), Brett Wilson
(ext. 3125)

Please get your friends to do these emails and calls, as well.  With
persistence, we can get this job done.  Parents and caregivers are counting
on us.

Thank you,

Sharon Maneki, President