[Greater-Baltimore] Chapter Meeting Reminder - Next Meeting August 19

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Thu Aug 17 19:34:51 UTC 2017

Dear Chapter Colleagues,

The meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter will take place this Saturday at NFB headquarters at 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. We will meet in the Utah Auditorium at 10:00 a.m.

Come find out about how blind people can learn about the total eclipse occurring on Monday, August 21. We will have a limited number of tactile eclipse books available to hand out for free.

We also need your input to determine the topic for the technology workshop, which we plan to hold after the September 16th chapter meeting.

This Saturday will be your last chance to purchase tickets for the NFB of Maryland crab feast, which will take place on Saturday evening. The crab feast is a fundraiser, which benefits our affiliate's scholarship fund.

It will also be your last opportunity to participate in the chapter fundraiser and purchase baseball tickets for the September 22 Orioles game against the Tampa Bay Rays. The tickets cost $20.00 each. If you are helping to sell tickets, please bring your money and unsold tickets to the meeting.

We still have a few of the power banks we were selling at national convention. The power banks are $20.00 each and if you wish to get a lightning cable (used to charge newer Apple devices) with the power bank, the total cost is $25.00.

I hope that many of you will be able to join us for the meeting this Saturday.

Cordially,

Ellen Ringlein, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter
National Federation of the Blind

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer