[Greater-Baltimore] Students: Don't Miss Out on the Fun!

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Wed May 24 03:55:18 UTC 2017

Attention students!! Don't forget about the huge weekend event that MDABS is helping to host this summer! The deadline is getting close so don't miss your chance to join us. We want as many Marylanders as possible and the event is only a few weeks away. Please check out the info below and call the number at the bottom if you have any questions! You can also call me, the MDABS Vice President at 443-758-7211, or any other student representative from our four states.

Please come out and join us!!!

The Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and New Jersey
Associations of Blind Students present

A Successful Summer!

The National Association of Blind Students, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is made up of many state student divisions which together represent blind students across the US, and this year, four of the student divisions have teamed up to bring you one big, incredible weekend of summer! We will be talking all about how to make your summer both fun and productive as a blind student with discussions on summer internships, summer training programs, keeping track of your beach spot without sight, and much, much more! There will be tons of fun activities in between, too, including a movie night, a chance to use a grill during an afternoon cookout, a semi-formal summer dance, and you'll even get the chance to explore the many twists and turns of our national NFB headquarters! On the last day, students will also get to participate in the annual 6-Dot Dash, an NFB fundraiser to run (or walk) to support braille literacy.

When?    Friday, June 2 – Sunday, June 4.
Where?    National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 E. Wells St., Baltimore, MD, 21230.
Who Can Participate?    Any legally blind or visually impaired student in high school or college from Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or other nearby states.

Students should arrive at the Jernigan Institute by 5 PM on Friday and will be staying overnight in the buildings guest bedrooms and should be picked up at the same location after the Dash on Sunday. This regional seminar will be completely free to all participants and all meals will be provided during their stay.

Please RSVP by Sunday, May 28 by emailing Vee Gaspa at veegaspa at gmail.com or calling her at 434-989-1868.

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students