[Greater-Baltimore] Next Greater Baltimore Chapter Meeting — October 14

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Wed Oct 11 22:21:24 UTC 2017

Dear Chapter Colleagues,

The next meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland will take place on October 14. Please note that this is a departure from our usual third Saturday meeting schedule, because of the Baltimore Running Fest. We will meet in the fourth-floor Utah Auditorium from 10:00 a.m. to noon. Please note that noon is not necessarily a hard ending time. If the business of the meeting demands it, we may run a little over. So if you don't want to miss any of the meeting and value the chance to fully participate, you may want to schedule your departure for somewhat after 12:00 p.m.

Please leave the first row of seats open for those attendees with mobility impairments or for those who have trouble climbing stairs. We want to be sure that we have a welcoming and inclusive meeting space for everyone.

This month we will talk about our Meet the Blind Month activities. We will need members to volunteer for several events.

Our state president will also give us an update about next Month’s convention. If you want to be sure to get a room at the convention hotel, please remember to make your room reservations by October 13 by calling 410 321-7400. Also keep in mind that convention preregistration ends October 15. You can register online at https://nfbmd.org/convention/register or bring your filled out registration form and payment to the chapter meeting.

We hope to have a guest speaker who will tell us about a local cultural exhibit. I don't want to share all the details, since her visit is not one hundred percent confirmed yet.

And October is also our election month. So our agenda will be busy.

You might want to come early on Saturday. Our national office is holding a garage sale. The official time is from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., but I hear that chapter members can get a sneak peek starting at 9:00 a.m. If you would like to learn more about what is being sold, please visit the following webpage: https://nfb.org/garage-sale

Please share this information with your federation friends who may not be on our email list.

Hope to see many of you on Saturday.

Cordially,

Ellen Ringlein, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter