[Greater-Baltimore] Upcoming Events at LBPD!

Ashley Biggs -LBPD- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:42:20 UTC 2020

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to announce our events for December!

December 9, 2020 @ 6:30 PM
*Holiday Fraud Watch: Protecting Your Identity*
We hear about it every day - another person has had their identity stolen.
But identity theft isn't just about stealing money or making fraudulent
purchases. Thieves can use your personally identifiable information to
apply for jobs, file taxes, and obtain benefits or medical services. Older
adults and people with disabilities are especially vulnerable to identity
theft. Join Crystal Terhune to learn how to prevent and protect yourself
from fraud, how to discover if something isn't right, and what to do if you
discover a problem. Register here: http://bit.ly/UMETelCon

December 12 @ 10:00 AM
*Technology User Group Meeting: Connecting Smart Devices*
The Technology User Group will be doing a presentation on how to connect
smart devices to smart speakers.  Learn how to connect your cell phone,
smart plugs, and smart bulbs to Alexa and Google.  In addition, we will
show you how to set up the back tap and sound recognition features on your
iPhone. The presentation will be virtual and may be joined by calling
319-527-4994.  You do not have to RSVP for this event.

December 16, 2020; 6:30 PM
*Meals on Wheels: Connecting Central Maryland*
For seniors throughout Central Maryland, we do more than deliver nutritious
meals. We provide support and safety-net services that help sustain health,
promote independence, maintain economic stability, and improve the overall
quality of life. Please register here: https://forms.gle/mkfG3NRhUhLY1TvA9

And don't forget that we are still running our first-ever cookie challenge!

As always, if you have any questions please let me know.

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/