[Greater-Baltimore] meeting reminder Saturday, October 16, via Zoom

Chris Danielsen cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 02:21:05 UTC 2021

Dear Fellow Federationists:

This is a reminder that the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind of Maryland will meet this Saturday, October 16.
Although we had discussed having an in-person meeting this month, we have
not yet been able to arrange all of the logistics, so in the interest of
continuing to keep all of our members safe, we are postponing plans for an
in-person meeting until November. Therefore, this month's meeting will begin
promptly at 10AM via Zoom. Those who wish to socialize with fellow members
before the meeting can join us for "virtual breakfast" at 9:30 AM via the
same Zoom meeting information. The Zoom room will also remain open for
around half an hour after the chapter meeting adjourns in case members and
friends wish to engage in further discussion or socializing.

You can either log into the meeting via your browser or the Zoom app with
the link below, or dial in with your touch-tone telephone.

.        To dial in, call 301-715-8592. Once the call connects and you are

prompted, you will then need to dial the meeting ID, which is: 891 2543
1163. You will then need to dial the passcode 632422, which spells out
NFBGBC. The link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89125431163?pwd=a3R1WXFBakI5RGQ3c0p4ZGNIaTM3QT09

You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone or save it
to your contacts:

+13017158592,,89125431163#,,,,*632422#

During the meeting, you can use the following commands:

.        Pressing alt+A on your Windows computer, or star then 6 on your
touch-tone phone,  will mute or unmute your audio. Please remain muted
unless and until you are recognized to speak. When the host unmutes you
because you have been recognized to speak, the Zoom app may ask you to
confirm that you want to unmute, and you will need to click the button in
the popup to complete unmuting.

.        Pressing alt+Y on your Windows computer or star and then 9 on your
touch-tone phone will raise your hand. This will let the meeting hosts know
that you seek the floor or have a question.

Please plan to spend part of your Saturday with your fellow chapter members,
guests and potential new members, and our chapter president, Anil Lewis, for
our always information-packed and lively monthly meeting. I look forward to
virtually getting together with all of you!

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter secretary