[Greater-Baltimore] NFBMD of Greater Baltimore Elections and Leadership Training

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Mon Oct 18 15:42:44 UTC 2021

NFBMD of Greater Baltimore Elections and Leadership Training

The leaders of the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the NFB of Maryland have been honored to serve over this past year. Although many of the elected officers will be seeking re-election, several will be unable to continue to serve. Therefore, we are actively planning for the upcoming transition of leadership, and we want to make sure our members are aware of the following.

Greater Baltimore Chapter Elections
The Greater Baltimore Chapter of the NFB of Maryland will be conducting elections for the members of the chapter's board during our Saturday, November 20, 2021 meeting that will be held via Zoom. If you feel you have the heart and commitment to serve, we encourage you to run for a position. WE would appreciate it if all chapter members that are interested in seeking a board position would send an email to greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org<mailto:greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org> with the name, phone, email, and position of interest.

Leadership Training

We are seeking NFBMD Greater Baltimore Chapter members interested in participating in an evening  Leadership Training series.

The training series will consist of six evening sessions lasting an hour and a half, and cover the following topics:

  *   History, Identity, and Structure of the NFB
Membership Recruitment and Retention
Fund Raising
Running a Meeting

Participants will engage in active discussions, complete written assignments, complete assigned readings, and draft and deliver oral presentations.

We will conduct the trainings on multiple evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and/or Thursdays from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. eastern. The training will be conducted over a three week period beginning the week of November 1, 2021. The actual Days will be decided based on the availability of the majority of participants.

Interested individuals should send an email to greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org<mailto:greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org> with your name, phone number, email, and let us know which evenings you would be able to participate, Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.

You should also email greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org<mailto:greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org> with any questions.

Sincerely,

Anil Lewis

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer
Pronouns: he, him, his
[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer