[Greater-Baltimore] Friends Annual Meeting

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:29:25 UTC 2021

Help us recognize library volunteers! Meet two interesting authors and
learn what Friends is doing for the Library for the Blind and Print
Disabled. Attend the Friends Annual Meeting.

Date: October 30

Time: 9:30AM-12:00PM

There are three ways to attend:

·      At the Library in person. Let us know you are coming by sending an
email to reference.desk at maryland.gov;

·      Call into the meeting, 319-527-4994;

·      Or join us on Zoom:

Meeting ID: 956 7084 1353
Passcode: 94586848
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,95670841353#,,,,*94586848# US (Washington DC)
+16465588656,,95670841353#,,,,*94586848# US (New York)

This year we are featuring two authors: Marilyn Davidson Elliott and Dr.
Joseph Fitzgerald. In *the Blind Mechanic*, Mrs. Elliott tells us about her
dad, Eric Davidson, who was an auto mechanic during the time of the 1920s
and 1930s when there were very few blind people employed in anything. This
book is available on BARD. The number is DB104816. Dr. Joseph Fitzgerald’s
informative book about the civil rights activist Gloria Richardson sheds
light on the struggle for equal rights on the eastern shore of Maryland. We
hope that LBPD will record this book and it will be available for patrons
to read soon. Eric Davidson and Gloria Richardson were pioneers who turned
their dreams into reality. Don’t miss this program!

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.