[Greater-Baltimore] Reminder for Friends Annual Meeting

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:39:56 UTC 2021

 Hello All,
Help us recognize library volunteers! Meet two interesting authors!
Learn what the Friends is doing for the Library for the Blind and
Print Disabled!

*Attend the Friends Annual Meeting.Date: October 30Time: 9:30AM-12:00PM*
There are three ways to attend:
 *In person at the Library*, 415 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201. Let us
know you are coming by sending an email to  reference.desk at maryland.gov;

* Or join us on Zoom:*
Meeting ID: 956 7084 1353
Passcode: 94586848
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,95670841353#,,,,*94586848# US (Washington DC)
+16465588656,,95670841353#,,,,*94586848# US (New York)

 *Or call into the meeting using Free Conference Call* at 319-527-4994

This year we are featuring two authors: Marilyn Davidson Elliott and Dr.
Joseph Fitzgerald. In *The Blind Mechanic*, Mrs. Elliott tells us about her
dad, Eric Davidson, who was an auto mechanic during the time of the 1920s
and 1930s when there were very few blind people employed in anything. This
book is available on BARD. The number is DB104816. Dr. Joseph Fitzgerald’s
informative book about the civil rights activist Gloria Richardson sheds
light on the struggle for equal rights on the eastern shore of Maryland.
LBPD will record this book and it will be available for patrons to read
soon. Eric Davidson and Gloria Richardson were pioneers who turned their
dreams into reality.
Don’t miss this program!

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.