[Greater-Baltimore] Editorial: Bomb threats at HBCUs represent blatant hatred

William Borner magoo2265 at icloud.com
Fri Feb 11 13:45:22 UTC 2022

☮️
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/editorial-hbcu-bomb-threats/38972408

Editorial: HBCU bomb threats represent blatant hatred
Dan JoerresBALTIMORE —
Sickening probably sums it up best.

In a month that we focus our attention on the achievements of African Americans, we instead start on the very first day of February with reports of bomb threats against our nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

| RELATED: FBI identifies people suspected of making threats to HBCUs, official says

And this one hits us hard as Morgan State and Coppin State universities were among others across the country that were targeted. All were forced to shelter in place, remain vigilant and alter lesson plans.

We just can't stand for this -- none of us.

We could question why someone would do this, but that would be a waste of time. Let’s rather encourage all of us, to walk in each other’s shoes, learn something about your neighbors and help find ways to make this a country that celebrates and never denigrates anyone different than ourselves.

We could be sickened by the world around us, but might we suggest all of us follow the lead of great Americans -- like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman and W.E.B. DuBois -- and be part of the cure for this blatant hatred.

The bomb threats to HBCU campuses are inexcusable, no student should have to endure fear at their school, a place where they should feel safe. I appreciate that the @FBI has made these threats one of their highest priorities. This hatred must end. https://t.co/IiSFG1VHfu

— Senator Ben Cardin (@SenatorCardin) February 3, 2022

Sent from my iPhone