[Greater-Baltimore] Editorial: Bomb threats at HBCUs represent blatant hatred

Peret, Maurice MPeret at nfb.org
Fri Feb 11 14:18:25 UTC 2022

Thanks for sharing this important information, Bill.

I believe it is also key to understand the context in which attacks like these occur; that being economic and social breakdown of long-believed secure institutions in our society, still relatively isolated incidences like these reflect deep angst and dissatisfaction with ever widening inequities and out-of-control societal income disparities. These hideous events are amplified in the absence of broader social movements to confront such divisive and hateful scapegoating. When the powers-that-be begin to feel increasingly threatened by mass actions such as what we witnessed in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder, they will look towards more organized factions that rely upon terror against marginalized peoples, Blacks, Jews, immigrants, LGTBQ, and other oppressed nationalities. Such episodes should never be taken lightly but organized protest and other community actions should rouse us to answer the hate with the solidarity that belongs to the majority of us through our demonstrated power of collective action.

Maurice