[gui-talk] Using AVG antivirus?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat Nov 8 18:37:15 UTC 2008

Albert,

I'm confused. Weeks ago, I replied to a question from you of this sort, said
I was using AVG free edition, and offered to coach you in the pretty small
things you have to get used to in order to jockey around the interface for a
couple of functions. It's not very difficult. As for the paid version,I
think others may remember exactly what extra benefits that gets you. I think
real time con continuous  scanning of some sort (although even the free
edition, which I use, monitors your incoming and outgoing email constantly,
so do not worry that you have to pay for that) and the ability to personally
set a schedule for updates and scans instead of accepting a default daily
update and obviating the need to perform a scan manually at the time of your
choosing, which I do without complaint. Weekly, in my case, rather than
daily.

anyway, the Free Edition is just fine, in my book. I've been using it,
starting with an earlier version, for years, and have no complaints, and
never a virus infestation that I've been aware of.

Hope that helps. Write me offl list if you want to have more of a back and
forth about this. Meantime, don't worry. it's fine.