[gui-talk] Retaining formatting in MSword 2003

Griffiths, Steve Steve.Griffiths at rnib.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 09:27:24 UTC 2008

Sherri,

The formatting characteristics you mention are all paragraph formatting,
and these are stored in the paragraph mark (also called the pilcrow) at
the end of a paragraph. If you want to include them, you'll need to copy
that paragraph mark as well as the text. The paragraph mark is a
non-printing character and so it doesn't usually appear on the screen.
It's created in the document when you press the Enter key. If you want
to see them in your document, open the Tools menu, choose Options, and
on the View page either Tab to and check Paragraph marks, or use the
shortcut Alt + M.

Steve