[gui-talk] Fwd: Now available - BrailleAutoPick script for Window-Eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Nov 15 07:42:28 UTC 2008

From: Macarty, Jay {PBSG}
To: gw-scripting at gwmicro.com

All,

I have loaded my first script to script Central. This is the BrailleAutoPick script which allows a user to define a set of Braille devices normally used and then automatically checks for a connected device at Window-Eyes startup. If the currently selected display isn't connected, BrailleAutoPick loops through the user's choices and attempts to automatically activate one of the devices in the list. The user can display a control dialog to add or remove displays. Default hotkey is alt-windows-b. Also, if a Braille display is found to be active at startup but is not currently in the user's preferences list, it is automatically added providing a means to automatically build the list over time.

As I said, this is my first script; so, there are likely improvement I could make in either the design or the deployment. If you have feedback, I invite it.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com