[gui-talk] JAVA Access Bridge and Open Office

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 01:24:56 UTC 2008

Good evening everyone,

    This afternoon I downloaded and installed the latest version of Open
Office. In the "Options" selection there's a checkbox I checked to permit it
to work with assistive technology. Upon pressing "OK" to exit the Options
dialog box I received a message saying, "No JAVA Access Bridge Could be
found."I downloaded the latest version of the JAVA Access Bridge, (JAB)
which is sitting on my hard drive awaiting installation. Do I just run the
JAB installer or is there something to be done at the OO programming level
so Open Office will find the JAB and the accessibility enhanced. This is my
first time using the JAB so would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in
advance.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver