[gui-talk] free daisy player

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 12 06:49:07 UTC 2009

Steve,

Don't worry about that. As i said in an earlier post, I am subscribed to the
BARD site for downloading files, but I play them on the NLS didgital player.
See? So I was just trying to figure out what Albert was talking about. I'm
starting to piece something together, to the effect that NLS digital player
users have no impediment to playing the files on those devices, but the only
other device that's currently known to play them is the Stream, and in order
to transffer a BARD book onto the Stream and get it to play, you have to
make some sort of special arrangement with the NLS under which, for $10,
they sell you either a key that's good forever or make you pay that same
amount every single time you download a book from the site. That may be
quite a difference to not be sure of, but it's closer than I was before. Or
at least I think so.

read knowen