[gui-talk] Daydreaming about PC laptops. Any comments?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 14 06:23:46 UTC 2009

In my other post I asked if anyone who uses a Mac desktop or laptop cares to
say how they feel about it. Here, I would like to ask are there any Windows
laptop users here who'd like to say what they'd buy if they were me, and
thinking of doing this? I'm using Jaws 10 and soon (November, I guess) will
bee using Version 11, for whatever that's worth. I'd just like to know which
laptops seem to be okay for jaws usage, and how bearable and usable their
keyboards would be for a fairly good and frequent typist, and of course
whether they work nicely with Jaws and have, say, a Y Fi card and, I was
thinking, a jack somewhere into which you can plug ear buds for private
listening/working?

Of course I care about weight and battery life, and I'd be looking at those
things if I were scouring the latest issue of Consumer Reports on laptops.
But the very first things I'm thinking about are jaws and very particularly
whether a guy like me can take the keyboard seriusly. Yes, I know you can
buy a full size USB keyboard. Or whatever. But I'm not looking for
teensy-weensy. Just light and portable.

Open to comments. Thanks.
they kl rivacy? usuable