[gui-talk] Fwd: Updates to the Global Voice Program Gallery

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 19 12:50:34 UTC 2009

The Global voice can be found at www.theglobalvoice.info.  -Steve.

From:    Geoff Shang Geoff at TheGlobalVoice.info
 To:      What's On list at The Global Voice WhatsOn at TheGlobalVoice.info

Hello everyone,

Firstly, if you missed last  week's Innovations, you may not have noticed
our Program Gallery.  The Program Gallery is where you can find out
information about each show as well as download or listen to the most
recent show, and in a few cases you can even download earlier shows.  So
if you *did* miss last week's Innovations, you can find it there.

We've now made some updates to the Gallery which I thought I'd share with
you.

Firstly, the list now sorts more sensibly, so that words like "The" and
"An" don't cause shows to be in places in the list where you don't expect
them.  So as an example, The Canadian Connection is now listed among the
C's, not the T's.

We've now made it so that archived shows will show up as soon as they are
available, which should usually be as soon as the show begins airing.  Up
till now, shows could take up to a day to become available.

We've also added a couple of features.  It's now possible for a presenter
to record a short intro about their show.  There's only a few up there to
listen to so far but they're there.

It's now also possible to have a show-specific description for
non-archived shows.  Again, there's not much of this to see now but keep
an eye out for it.

We hope you find our Gallery service useful, and keep coming back as we
plan to roll out more features in the coming weeks.

Geoff.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com