[gui-talk] Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:55:21 UTC 2009

True, you can use the same old menu bar commands to access things, but
you can't hear what you're accessing. For instance, I can hit Alt with
F for the file menu inside a message, but when arrowing down I don't
hear the items that were in the 2003 File menu. However, if you happen
to know the keystrokes and accellerators to access a menu and then
bring up a particular option, I believe these will work. I've heard
there's even a way deep inside the options for some of the Office
applications to hide the ribbon and bring back the menu bar. I'm not
sure I agree with doing this though since most other people are using
the ribbon and in fact the ribbon isn't going anywhere. The ribbon
will be more prominant in Windows Seven than it was in Vist and Office
2007. In other words, it looks like the ribbon is here to stay; might
as well get used to it. Besides, you can still use hotkeys, all be it
different ones, on the ribbon to access pretty much everything.

Jmt,
Wayne