[gui-talk] System Tray

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 31 00:54:54 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

Others may weigh in on this and know something I don't, but here's my take:
You don't exactly remove stuff from the system tray. The system tray does
nothing more than show some of the applications you've got running on your
system.

Which is to say, go to Start Menu/Settings/control Panel and arrow down to
the Add/Remove Programs function. Personally, I've often found this function
a little confusing to navigate with Jaws, but if you do it right, you'll get
into the Remove programs part, get a list of the programs on your computer,
arrow down until you come to this one or that one you want to uninstall, and
then tab around until you get to the Remove option, and do what it says.

The whole thing is a little foggy for me because tabbing doesn't always turn
up the buttons I'm looking for right away, but this is basically how to
uninstall a program. If it's a device you want to uninstall, try the
Add/Remove Hardware option in Control Panel. I've never looked into this
one, but I have a hunch it behaves much as I just described for Add/Remove
Programs.

HTH,
Joel